Many of my clients and people who follow my work ask me about photography training.
I have been running various courses for some time. Some are 1 or 2 day specific 1-2-1 training covering skills based on each client needs, as well as workshops for small groups.
The next workshop is 8th and 9th September
So what can we cover?
- ISO, shutter speed, aperture - the building blocks of great photography.
- Equipment - no you don't need to spend a fortune to get great results.
- Tips and techniques - working with dogs and animals has its challenges so we explore the skills needed and cover a whole array of techniques to get those shots that stand out.
- Action shots - we will look at composition, focusing and sharpness.
- Portraits - exploring light and techniques to get that unique look.
- How to deal with black dogs - often a challenge!
- Post production - should I shoot in Raw or Jpeg? What about Lightroom.
- The business aspects of professional photography
We will work with real dogs so you get invaluable hands on experience.
Here's what some recent clients had to say:
"I spent an enjoyable day with Carl earlier this year on a dog photography workshop. The whole day was very relaxed and informative, I loved how Carl shared lots of his little tips and genuinely wants to help you to learn" - JR
"Have just spent the most exhilarating weekend imaginable with Carl Thomas learning all about Dog Photography action and portrait - never realised how much I had been missing my photography over the last two years!" - HB
"The morning was theory and after a lovely lunch we headed out to photograph Carl's two dogs, Badger & Woody. Thank you Carl for an excellent day. I feel more confident about my photography now. Would recommend Carl if you are wanting to learn the techniques of taking good photos." - JH
Contact me on 07595 309005 or email at
Join us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram